Mar 24, 2008

Decorating Easter Eggs



This was the first year that Abe got to decorate Easter Eggs. We both really enjoyed creating our masterpieces. Hopefully next year we will actually get to hunt the real eggs. Right now they are just sitting on the kitchen table looking festive. Abe keeps wanting to hide them but I won't let him. I can just imagine loosing one of them and finding it by smell later!
Oh, I almost forgot-- Dorothy enjoys real Easter Eggs! The other day we decorated more eggs at Nana's with Maddie and brought a few of them home. Abe took them out of the bucket they were in and left them on the table. One rolled off and Dorothy ate every bit of it. Polka Dotted shell and all! Might I add that it was one of the prettiest eggs that I had created! I was ready for Dorothy to get a belly ache but we were lucky. No signs of the egg. I guess it digested pretty well.

4 comments:

brandy said...

Sign us up for the pitiful parent award...again, we didn't color eggs! We didn't even sticker-decorate eggs!

I have to add - that Dorothy story is pretty nasty, especially waiting for the tummy ache..hahaha Glad it turned out ok

Leanne said...

Brandy, this is the first year that we attempted to color eggs. Next year will be Tate's time! Remember he is 8 months younger than Abe.

Brittany said...

I'm a lot older than Abe, but Mom didn't help me color eggs :(

Loving My Life said...

Well I have taken the easy way out every year, first way to little so we didn't do it at all the next two years we used washable markers and this year we used paints...the dye just scares me!! MoMo didn't seem to mind just had fun with it!! I just am not ready to have colored hands....shame on me bad mommy!!