





Today started off very busy. There was an estate Auction at my Mamaw Eloise's house. Jeremy called while we were there and said they were having a thing over at the airport where kids could fly. Chad took Abe and Ashley. Jeremy took Maddie. Maddie went all by herself. Chad, Abe, Ashley and the pilot went in another plane. I wasn't able to see my guys take their first airplane ride because I stayed at the auction. I had my eye on Mamaw's couch and didn't want to leave until it had come up in the auction. By the way, I ended up getting the couch!
Chad didn't listen to me (imagine that) and didn't take my camera. So, the pictures he got came from his cell phone. They still turned out pretty good. Jeremy and Maddie had already left by the time my gang got in the air. Jeremy did leave his camera with Chad but as soon as they got into the air the battery went dead. What luck!
Then we went to M-Ville for a cookout with Chad's family. We had a nice time and got to give Mamaw and Granny their Mother's Day presents. Holidays are always so busy for us trying to get in some time with everyone. We plan on going to church with Grammy for Isaiah's baby dedication in the morning and then seeing Nana after she gets off work tomorrow night. Mom has to work 10-6 but didn't mind too much because Mother's Day is a hard day for her since she lost my Mamaw Mae.
So, to all of you that don't have your Mom's here with you anymore, think of all the wonderful memories you had with your Mom. I know this is going to be a hard time for all of you. Know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine life without my Mom. This will be our first Mother's Day without my Mamaw Elo and I know that it will be very difficult for her kids and even grandkids. It just doesn't seem possible that she isn't here with us.
About the couch, yes we did need a new one. But I really wanted it because it meant a lot to Mamaw. I can just see her sitting on the right hand side curled up with her crossword book and pen. Oh, how I miss her.
2 comments:
No girlie, we gave our other couch away.
looks like fun love the pictures!
Post a Comment