Jan 31, 2009

Saturday

We are still doing ok. Chad is at work. As far as I know they now have power. My Mom got the call about 30 minutes ago that Mickey D's will try and open in a bit. I am sure it will be a circus trying to get in there and get food fixed. (not even sure what they will have available)

Maddie left us and went to Alabama. (Emily's boyfriends family lives there) Bubba (Maddie's dog) got to go home last night. Jeremy and Jordan bought a generator.

Dad and Cathy and my sisters and their families are still all together. My grandparents are also there. They bought a big generator the other day and have been a lot more comfortable.

Please pray for all of us that have been living in this ice storm. It is a mess to say the least. I have been so emotional. It is so sad to look at and think about all that is going on. Even with heaters and generators it is not normal! We are living out of 2 rooms, have a mattress in the living room floor and have wet clothes all over the kitchen. I tried to wash out some stuff on my hands! Oh how I was wishing for my Mamaw Mae's washboard. I have had too much time on my hands and been thinking about my grandparents that have passed away. I told you I was emotional!! Everytime I turn around I am talking about someone different and telling a story about them.

I have recently had problems with my washing machine and complain about it daily. I think it is the timer going bad. I will have to reset it sometimes 3-4 times to get it to rinse a load. Chad looked up the price of a new timer for our model and it is over $90!!!! Our washing machine is almost 12 years old!! So, before all of this happened we had been going back and forth about if we should buy a timer, a used washer or a new one. You can get a new basic one for $300 and something. Who knows. Anyways, back to my point. I told Chad that I thought the reason for me washing those clothes out by hand was God telling me that my washing machine isn't that bad!

Everyone be safe and make sure to have proper ventilation. I know that there have been deaths and several people taken to the hospital because of carbon monoxide poisoning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne!
"Power On!" at the Vinsons and Sharps, but you and the Guffys are still in the dark. Hopefully, your power will be back on soon. I know it's trivial, but I'm really missing cable! At least with the internet, I can check news, etc. Missy & family came by today for showers, laundry, and water, and Dawson and Isaiah were thrilled to have other kids to play with!

You are right. I believe times like this show us how rich we all are in our normal, everyday lives. This third world living is the pitts! Come over for a change of view and to soak up some electricity!

Cathy