May 9, 2009

Tybee Island Beach

The outfit is not matching but we had been in the car overnight and had to dig just to find the swimming trunks for Abe to put on.

"Come with me, Mommy!"
Proof that I was there! Big Zit and all! ha ha
Holding on for dear life.
Getting brave and loving every moment.
Check out the lighthouse. Abe insisted on climbing it and we finally agreed. More on that later.
Making him a sand castle. Yes, it is a pink mold but that was all I could find at Target!
With his Spider Man boogie board that Nana got him. He kept saying "Surf's Up!" Too funny.
We are still on our vacation/Chad's Conference getaway. We are having a great time. We've been to the beach twice, climbed a lighthouse, walked around downtown, went on a horse and carriage ride, ate at Paula Deen's restaurant, and went swimming in the hotel pool. Abe (aka Chad Jr.) has mentioned several times that he would rather be at home! The weather here is beautiful and we are enjoying the sunshine!!

We are in the hotel room right now resting and waiting for Chad to come back from his work stuff.

I missed the joint baby shower for Baby Aubrey and Baby Brock today. :( My Mom said it was a very nice shower and that Aunt B did a terrific job. I can't wait to see pictures. It was a hard decision to make on whether or not to come on a family vacation or stay home for the shower. I finally decided that this was an opportunity that we just couldn't pass up. Thankfully all of my family and friends were very supportive of my decision.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hi! I just clicked "next blog" and saw yours... I love your title picture... so sweet! Happy Mother's Day ~Maria

Brittany said...

We had a great time! But definitely missed you guys! There's lots of video and photos (I guess... I was busy running around most of the time- I'll have to get some from Mom to post later.) Sounds like y'all are having a great time. Makes me want to go on vacation!

Loving My Life said...

Ahhh...I so want to be there with you all! Looks like Abe is liking it enough to have some fun...tell him its just raining and everyone at home is sick so to have fun! Don't feel bad about the showers, I know its hard but you know they love and that they understand! Glad you all are having fun and staying busy!