Abe is starting Preschool this week and I am a nervous wreck!! He keeps going back and forth about wanting to go and I am so afraid that he is going to cry and it will break my heart. They say to not let the kids see you upset--that is hilarious. I am such a cry baby and know that if he cries, I will too!!!
Anyone have any tips on how to make his first day special? Easier? You have to remember that he is with me pretty much 24/7.
Please say a special prayer for both of us. Pray that I will know what to say and do to help him start Preschool. Pray that he will enjoy it and make lots of new friends easily. Pray for the teachers that they will take him under their wings!
I can't believe my baby is old enough to go to Preschool...
1 comment:
Okay, since you asked:
1. Don't let him overhear you talking about being nervous, etc. He is so smart that he'll pick up on things you say when you have no idea he's listening.
2. Talk about what a big boy he is and how much fun he'll have.
3. Get plenty of sleep so he won't go in tired--easily said, huh?!
4. Don't get all reflective when you drop him off. Tell yourself it's just another day, he's going to have a blast, it's not all day, and it's not real school. I don't know what you can tell yourself next year! :-)
5. Pray and have faith. He's a great kid, and he's going to do really well. It might take a little adjustment, but he might just take to it like a duck to water! Don't feel like he loves you any less if he doesn't cry for you and get upset.
6. Enjoy some time for yourself!
7. Blog plenty of pictures. I love seeing all his activites.
Post a Comment