Abe woke up at 4 a.m. with a high fever, it was the highest his has ever been. We thought he would either be diagnosed with pneumonia or the flu. We headed to the O-Boro ER. After going through the metal detectors (yes, at the O-Boro ER!!) and Chad having his pocket knives taken away-- they keep them in an envelope until you leave! I had left my purse and cell phone (I know, shock!!) in the car. The Good Lord must have known I couldn't deal with the drama of holding a sick child and going through my entire (very messy) purse!!
Abe was still running a fever when we got into the hospital after a dose of Motrin from home. It had come down but he still wasn't cool. They did the flu test, x-rays and blood tests. Why they didn't just wait on the flu test results is beyond me and Chad but anyways--He was positive for Type A Flu. I think the Dr. thought I was crazy when I told him a little girl in his preschool class had been diagnosed with Type A flu last week. So, Type A Influenza is what his diagnosis is. They do not test for the Swine Flu (which is a Type A flu) anymore around here because they give you the same treatment--Tamiflu. So, he got a prescription and off we went.
He has spent the biggest part of today asleep- moaning and tossing and turning. His fever has continued to be around 100. Praying tonight it doesn't go any higher. This evening he did end up eating a Popsicle, some of Jean's Peanut Butter Fudge, a raw potato with Salt and now he is eating Pop Tart and Choc. Milk.
His buddies Noah and Emma (from Preschool) got him a Get Well present. They didn't come into visit just dropped it off on the porch. He perked up a little when he realized they had brought him something. It was a card, hot wheel and 3 Superhero balls!! Right up his alley! Noah is his best bud at school and he is pretty fond of Emma too.
Nana also gave him a set of Bendaroo's. He hasn't felt like doing them but sure does have ideas for Mommy and Daddy to create some masterpieces!! ha ha
Thank you to all who have prayed/are praying for Abe. The prayers, phone calls and messages are appreciated so much! We love you all.
3 comments:
Praying for you and Abe both! Mom got Will some Bendaroos when he was in the hospital. He has had a blast making things. Hope Abe feels better soon!
I feel your pain. It was aweful when Landon was sick, and I was scared to death. I will say an extra prayer for you guys.
So glad he is doing better! He looks so sick I am glad Morgan never got that bad!
Post a Comment