Jan 31, 2008

Mom On A Mission...

If you have ever been around Abe you know that he gets attached to 2 things that he has to carry all the time. For a while now it has been this screwdriver and squeeky hammer. The hammer was intended for Dorothy but he never had a chance. Abe claimed it as his. So, for several weeks, maybe months Abe has carried around these tools.
Yesterday Me, Mom and Abe went to the local thrift store. We left there and had to show Daddy what we got. (A lovely purple baby stroller with pink and purple hearts, I am thinking maybe my aunt Sue can fix some kind of camo or boy looking cover for it.) Anyway, when we got to Daddy's work Abe said "Where are my tools?" I said you must have left them at home. He falls asleep in the car and when he wakes up a couple of hours later we start looking around the house. No tools to be found. I looked in the car, out in the yard, all around the house--EVERYWHERE! I told him we must have left them at the store. He cried and whined all night. I told him first thing in the morning when they opened Mommy would go and see if I could find them.
Well, its morning and I went as soon as they opened. I opened the door and said "I am a Mom on a mission" they probably thought I was some crazy person. I explained that my almost 3 year old was there with me yesterday and always carries around tools and we have misplaced them. A lady that was there yesterday came from the back and asked me if it was a hammer and screwdriver. My face must have looked like a Christmas Tree I lit up some much! I was so excited that they had been found. She had already priced them to be sold, 3 for $1!! Oh my! I told her they were worth lots more than that to my little boy. They are priceless. (and no I didn't pay for them.)
So, I brought them home and gave them a good scrub and layed them down in the bed with him. First thing I saw when he woke up this morning was his smiling face and those tools. One in each hand.

3 comments:

brandy said...

3 for 1.00! Maybe you should check back for more tools (haha)!

Leanne said...

This child does not need anymore tools. His birthday is coming up and I am sure he will be getting more toys. Where we are going to put them I do not know!!

Leslie said...

Buzzy used to be that way over his pillow. Do you know how many times we have had to get out at midnight either going or coming from MiMi's after that pillow! Luckily he outgrew it!