Jan 30, 2008

What's for Dinner?

Okay ladies, I was wondering if you have any quick and easy recipes that even a picky meat and potatoes kinda guy would eat. We are all the time having the same ole thing to eat. Some of our favorites are: Spaghetti, lasagna, hamburgers, pot roast, BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, chili, chicken with cream of chicken-cream of mushroom-cream of celery soups... So, I am trying to find some new things to cook that Chad will eat. Abe will usually eat the side items like mashed potatoes (I think I fix them at least every other day, the real deal not instant) green beans and corn along with a hot dog or fried bologna. Those (potatoes, green beans and corn) are the only veggies that Chad will eat. Abe will eat every kind raw but is a little picky when they are cooked.

How often do you all cook? I try to cook supper at least 4 nights a week. By the time I fix me and Abe breakfast and lunch it seems like I am always in the kitchen. Some weeks are better than others. Sometimes grabbing something out is just easier. Chad eats out for lunch everyday and me and Abe grab stuff here and there.

So, tell me your favorite things you cook for your families. Anyone know of a good Italian Beef recipe? We like to get that at Papa Manzo's and Philly's.

OK, I have rambled on enough. Give me some ideas!!

3 comments:

brandy said...

Maybe we should start a receipe section on our blogs! I LOVE trying out new receipes - especially desserts. I've been making banana crunch muffins, and oatmeal raisin cookies & passing them out to my neighbors (so we aren't the only ones getting fat, haha). My mom makes some good Italian Beef. I'll try to get the receipe.

I just made Chicken Nugget Casserole last night. AND NO, it doesn't actually have chicken nuggets in it. It has boiled/shredded chicken, mixed veggies, cream of chicken soup, some spices, topped off with cubed biscuits that have been tossed in parmesian cheese & bake. It's one of my favorite foods! We just leave a chicken breast out after they cook, so Tate can eat it with a vegetable. I don't think he'd like it in the the casserole.

Leanne said...

The chicken nugget casserole recipe sounds good. Do you get canned veggies or frozen? What temp? Okay, email me the whole recipe!!!

Leanne said...

My Aunt Missy gave me a good Italian beef recipe. If anyone would like it, email me. walklea@yahoo.com