Around 8:15 last night Abe was sitting on the arm of the couch and fell off backwards. Onto the lovely real hardwood floors. They are hard as rocks. I know that kids get boo boos all the time and you don't have to run to the ER every accident but this one was a little different. He couldn't focus on anything, wasn't saying a word and his eyes were almost closing. Of course, I was panicking! Chad was calm. We went to the local ER and had to get a cat scan. We all know that Abe is not one to sit still for any amount of time so we thought this would be a nightmare. Kids always make a liar out of you, he did great! Much to our surprise.
Wouldn't you know it that the flu bug is flying around like crazy, making me that more nervous about sitting in a waiting room with sick kiddos everywhere. One had a high fever, another throwing up everywhere and then another little boy with a boo boo on his forehead from running into the coffee table. We were lucky that they let us stay in the x-ray waiting area. I was probably getting on their nerves, worried about all the germs. That is my job as a mother!
We were told that he didn't show any signs of bleeding, swelling or fractures to his head. Thank the good Lord! We did have to sort of wake him during the night to make sure he was acting ok.
Chad told Abe we would go to the store to get a tractor if he did good for his cat scan. So, on our way home we stopped at Wal-Mart. I needed to pick up a few things anyway. We ended up with some kind of Diego Rescue something or another that he had picked out right after Christmas and we kept telling him maybe he could get it for his birthday. So, in and out of Wal-Mart in about 30 minutes. This is probably some kind of record for me.
Get out to the car and what do we find-- Someone had hit our car. No one around, no note, nothing. A hit and run! By this time we were upset but so drained from being worried about Abe that it didn't even matter. So, we get to pay a deductible to have our car fixed and it wasn't even our fault. I jokingly (is that even a word?) told Chad that the visit to the ER would cost about 1/2 of a trip to DisneyWorld! And now, the deductible on top of that!
I was questioning if I was living my life wrong or what was causing all of this craziness for us. I had to stop and think that we are blessed. Abe could have been hurt so much worse than a bump on the head and we could have been in a terrible accident. A messed up car isn't bad. I am just thanking God that we are all okay. I did pray last night for the people that left the scene of the accident. Maybe I prayed for the wrong things but I did pray that they would feel bad about what they had done. Call me bad, sorry.
So, I am hoping that today will be much calmer. Abe is running around and feeling ok. I keep asking if his head hurts and he will touch the bump and say "It's okay."
Also, I forgot to mention the other day that Chad got a speeding ticket in Grayson County the night of the circus! Just add that to the list of things! We haven't had a good couple of weeks.
4 comments:
wal-mart's surveillance may have caught the hitter. my aunt and uncle got hit there once and they checked the surveillance for them. Never know - might see something - like a license plate!
Grayson County has a state trooper or sherrif car sitting on the parkway almost EVERY time I drive through there. That's where Grant got caught after Christmas. Abe's a tough boy with his boo boo! I thought I was getting sick yesterday but I started back on zyrtec and took a congestion pill. I slept about 11 hours last night and feel pretty good today! (Sleep cures just about everything)
See ya Friday night?
Oh what a night....bless your heart. I would have been scared to death!! I am so glad that he is ok. I was going to say the same thing Leslie said about wal-mart. Call and talk to the service desk and see if someone can look through the tapes. I mean it wont hurt!!
I did call Wal-Mart but I don't think they wanted to mess with it. Our insurance didn't require a police report (Go State Farm) so I am not going to worry about getting one and having them go to Wal-Mart to view the tapes.
Whoever did it will have to live with themselves. They probably didn't have insurance anyway.
Post a Comment