Texas Caviar
3-4 small cans of Rotel (I used 1 large and one small Original Rotel)
1 can black beans
1 can black eyed peas
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can of hominy
1 large can of diced tomatoes (I used the petite diced)
Drain all of the canned goods.
2-3 diced bell peppers any or all colors (I used green and red)
1-2 sweet onions diced (I chopped mine very fine)
parsley flakes (just shake a little in)
1 bottle of Italian dressing
There are several variations to this recipe. If you search it on the internet you will find them! Some add cilantro, jalapeno peppers and chopped green onions. You will need a very large bowl to mix all of this in. It makes a BIG BATCH! It gets better flavor the longer it sits. I made mine for Abe's party a day and 1/2 ahead of time. Serve with plain chips or tortilla chips.
3-4 small cans of Rotel (I used 1 large and one small Original Rotel)
1 can black beans
1 can black eyed peas
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can of hominy
1 large can of diced tomatoes (I used the petite diced)
Drain all of the canned goods.
2-3 diced bell peppers any or all colors (I used green and red)
1-2 sweet onions diced (I chopped mine very fine)
parsley flakes (just shake a little in)
1 bottle of Italian dressing
There are several variations to this recipe. If you search it on the internet you will find them! Some add cilantro, jalapeno peppers and chopped green onions. You will need a very large bowl to mix all of this in. It makes a BIG BATCH! It gets better flavor the longer it sits. I made mine for Abe's party a day and 1/2 ahead of time. Serve with plain chips or tortilla chips.
Special thanks to Susie, Ronda and Barbara for all of your help with this recipe. They all know how to make it, everyone says something different!
3 comments:
We loved it! Can't wait to make it, though that's alot and I may have to wait for a party!!
Glad you liked it. It does make a big bowl. So, unless you plan on having it at a party or some type of get together you would need to split it with several different people or you would be burned out on it!
This stuff is good for constipation.
Post a Comment