Jun 23, 2008

Mini Vacation


We went to Nashville to the zoo, shopping, swimming and played on several different play areas and parks.

I had looked up parks near our hotel in Brentwood, TN and put the addresses in the GPS and off we went.

The kiddos had so much fun playing outside and the weather was wonderful.

I think we added up the different playgrounds we went to and it was seven!! Yes, 7!!!

One was even at a church.

They have an indoor play area that they open to the public.

It was a HUGE church. The largest one I have ever been in for sure.

Maddie was screaming that Abraham was squashing her in the giant one seater ladybug! This is from the church indoor play area.


Maddie and Nana. Of course, Abe didn't want to sit still for a good picture.
McDonald's play area.


Maddie feeding the birds. Abe held onto my hand while I fed them but he didn't want them on his hand or arm.
Not sure why they are looking at this little boy?
She is always helping Abe!







I think they had it made! Cruising the zoo in a double stroller.



Cheese!



Abe is really thinking about something while riding on this dinosaur thingy with Maddie.
This little rascal nearly gave my Mother a heart attack! We were playing at the park when I saw this raccoon go into a garbage can. I got the kids over and showed them. He snuck out of the trash can and then it all went crazy. Mom was on the phone with Jeremy. Me and the kids were trying to watch the raccoon from the top of a picnic table. (You know how you do when you see a mouse in the house!) Mom starts yelling for us to get away because Jeremy says that Raccoons are dangerous and carry rabies. This animal is looking at us like we are on his property trespassing! Needless to say we ran out of the park as fast as we could. We still went back to "raccoon park" as it is now referred to the next day!
Abe calling his Daddy to tell him about the raccoon that almost ate us up. ha ha
Nana had to read to them at bedtime. We took a zillion books with us.


Here they are snoozing away! This was one of their favorite parks. It is so nice and shady.







Maddie is so good about helping Abe. She is like a fish in the pool. Abe does pretty good but is still uneasy about getting away from the steps unless I am right there holding his hands.
The kids picked a Japanese restaurant the first night! Ended up that both had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the "show" to do #2!!! Talk about timing. Don't kids always do that to ya? ha ha
They are really posing!
Not sure what this contraption is called that Maddie is on.

4 comments:

Leigh Douglas said...

Those were really neat parks and playgrounds. They didn't make 'em like that when I was little...lol
Tell Teresa that everyone is going to see her in her jammies!!!
Leigh

Misty said...

One good play area that is close to home is the Owensboro Science Musuem. I think is like $3 to get in and the entire upstairs area is for play. They usually have interesting things for small children.

Leslie said...

I think I'll let you plan our next trip!! Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Loving My Life said...

Wow you are so smart I would have never thought of looking up the parks that is a good way to keep them busy and easy on the pocket book!!!