Oct 13, 2008

My baby has been sick!


Abe has been congested since last Saturday. He would say his forehead hurt and he had a runny nose and coughing. Thankfully he didn't have a fever. So, all week we stayed inside. Thursday I decided that I thought he was better so we went to O-Boro. We went to the O-Boro Museum of Science and History. We had never been but had heard about it from Misty ( www.mistysanders.blogspot.com ). I tried to do the linky thing but I don't really know how, as you can see. If anyone would like to tell me, comment it or email me!! Anyways, the museum has this one floor that was donated by the Rotary Club. It is all about kids. There are slides, tunnels, a puppet show stage full of hand puppets... I will post some pictures later. Abe had a ball.
He had pulled at his ear on the car ride over but couldn't really tell me any details about if it hurt. So, we went on into the museum. He was perfectly fine the entire time we were there. Then I noticed as soon as we got back into the car that he was tugging at it again. I told him I thought we should go to the Dr's office and have him take a look and see if it was infected.
So, they told us both ears had infection and he had weezing in his chest and green gunky stuff all in his throat!! Boy, am I glad I took him in. We ended up with breathing treatments and an antibiotic.
He survived 3 days of meds and has taken breathing treatments daily and I think he is finally on the road to recovery! He still has his cough. If you all remember last year at almost this exact time is when he kept being sick. He was sick for over a month (with weekly trips to the Dr) and then ended up in the hospital (with the O-Boro tornado)!! We do not want that to happen this year.
Sorry, I do not know what is wrong with my spacing. I have tried to put space in between paragraphs and for some reason it keeps jumbling it all together!!

No comments: