May 14, 2009

Georgia On My Mind

Our trip to Savannah started on Wed. night after church. We headed out hoping that Abe would sleep most of the way. Well, he did and so did I! ha ha Not much of a surprise to us. Chad knew that I would be snoozing away. Chad drove practically all night, only stopping for a few hours to catch a few z's himself. We ended up going straight to Tybee Island Beach since it was too early to check into our hotel. Abe had only seen the Lake Malone beach (and loved it) before this so he was blown away by the beautiful sand and ocean. We got our feet wet and played in the sand and gathered up some shells before heading to check into our hotel, the Hyatt.

We went on this trip for Chad to attend a conference thing for work, it was held at the Hyatt Friday - Sunday . Abe and I just got to tag along, thank you Lee!

While in Savannah we enjoyed several things.

We went on a Carriage ride , Abe loved this. Our horses name was Jake. The tour took us all around town and lasted about 50 minutes.

We ate at Paula Deen's restaurant, "The Lady and Sons." Let me just tell you that I enjoyed it so much that I felt like I was about 7 months pregnant! It was delicious!!! We didn't even have to wait to get a table. I had read online that you have to stand in a long line to put your name on a list early in the day to even get a table in the evening. We walked right up and were seated immediately! I was loving it!

We climbed the Lighthouse at Tybee Island. Abe insisted that he wanted to climb it. Well, he did! All 178 steps up and all 178 steps down!! Chad was a nervous wreck at the top. He is scared of heights. Abe wanted to keep going around and around the outside with me! We were so proud of our little man. We also looked around at the Keepers Cottages. They were furnished with antique furniture. Abe kept saying how nice and pretty the rooms were. Then he said the sweetest thing. He said "This must be God's house," I asked him why and he said "Because it is so fancy!" How precious is that?!

We walked around downtown and went into some of the little shops. We went to the beach a couple of times and went swimming in the hotel pool. We had a room over looking the river and got to watch container ships and boats pass by all day long. Every single time Abe saw a ship coming down the river he would scream out and we would have to come and look out the window and usually take a picture. It was really neat to see how big each one was and where it was from.

Sunday afternoon we headed to Florida (we were only about 4 hours away.) We were going to see the Space Shuttle launch on Monday. Eventually ended up at Disney World (a little over an hour away from the Space Shuttle launch!) (Thank you to my sweet husband!!)

Sorry that this is so long but I have a terrible memory. This is my "scrapbook" since I don't do the whole scrapbook thing with a book and all.

More on our trip later. It is way past my bedtime!! I know, I know -- You want to see more pictures. I will try my best to get some posted!!

1 comment:

Loving My Life said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! I am so glad that you all decided to go! And that you got to go to Disney! Glad you all made it home safely!