Oct 16, 2007

New Puppy

Well, we finally broke down and bought Abe a puppy. He has had "pet fever" for quite a while now. Some days it was a cat he wanted but most of the time it was a puppy. We had thought that we would ask Santa for one but Chad found one yesterday so we went ahead and got it. It is a boy, named Dorothy!! Who knows. Abe wanted to name him so for now his name is Dorothy! We have been calling him Puppy. Maybe in the next couple of days he will have a permanent name.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Dorothy will make the bestest friend for Abe! I have not ever been around that kind of puppy that didn't have the best personality! If I ever got an inside doggy, that is for sure the kind I would get!! Congratulations!

M. French said...

Looks like a shih tzu puppy! Congrats! We love our Oscar - had him for 2 years now - they have the best personalities and are very loyal! Yay ABE!!!

Leanne said...

He is a shih tzu. So far he has fit in great. The family that we got him from had a 3 1/2 year old boy so I think it has helped him that he was already use to a kid playing and handling him all the time.

I have NEVER had an inside dog or cat, this is a totally new experience for me.

brandy said...

WOW, CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY! You better watch out LeAnne, you'll be more attached to him than Abe :)

That boy Dorothy, sure it cute.

brandy said...

sorry, I mean sure IS cute LOL!

Carin said...

Abe looks very cute with Dorothy! I was very suprised when I asked Chad if you all had gotten the dog and he sent me a link to your blog and I scrolled down and saw a Shih Tzu (I was expecting to see a weinnie dog.) I think you should leave his name Dorothy because that is a very original name for a male dog-probably not many others around. Have fun with your new family member!

Anonymous said...

Cute puppy! I'm coming home this weekend, Dawson called me last night requesting a "blue Barney cake" so I guess I will be baking sometime Friday. Y'all will have to come over and try it.