Nov 14, 2007

Thankful #3

Thankful thing #3: The thing I am THANKFUL for today is my camera. (imagine that)! Pictures are so important to me. I have to resort back to my albums to refresh my memory, my memory is not the greatest! From the greatest moments in our lives (Wedding, Abe's birth, Birthdays...) to the everyday activities of playing and goofing off, lots are captured with my camera.
The picture above is right before I got to hold Abe for the first time. He was almost 3 hours old! After an emergency c-section my blood pressure went sky high and I had to be monitored for a while. During our extended hospital stay I wasn't allowed visitors. They even put a "No visitors" sign on my door. Can you imagine having a newborn and not being able to show him off??? It was horrible. I wasn't even able to be alone with the baby because of the stress. Chad was able to take Abe into a special room for friends and family to get to see the baby. Thank goodness my Mom was able to take off work for a few weeks to help out. I am THANKFUL for the pictures that were taken of everyone getting to see and hold Abe when I wasn't able to be there to witness it first hand.

3 comments:

brandy said...

Stink, that was gonna be one of mine! Aren't cameras great? What did people ever do without them?

Leslie said...

I had no idea about the birthing situation. I really don't see much wrong with the no visitors part, **wink** but still, that was terrible. I am so THANKFUL that you and Abe are fine, even if there was a little bumpy start! I still can't believe such a little lady had such a big baby!!

Anonymous said...

I was one of those NO VISITORS! We were all the way over there before mamaw called and told us we couldn't visit you all. We were bummed. I didn't realize how much hair he had when he was born. He has a headful! Hes so BEAUTIFUL