Jan 25, 2008

the next emeril

As most of you know, Abe thinks he is a chef. There wasn't a flame under his skillet, don't get excited! We fix them on the other side of the stove and then put them into his skillet so he can flip them. He is content with that. He use to be into cooking "raw eggs" I would have to crack him a couple of eggs and let him whisk them with salt, pepper, paprika and anything else I would let him add to his concoction. He never actually cooked the eggs, just pretended.
I can remember when I was little and my Mom would let me pretend like that and I would put ketchup and mustard and all kinds of stinky stuff together. Pretty gross now that I think about it. The things you let your kids do!
Chad thinks it makes too big of a mess. It dirties up one bowl, a whisk and a towel. I always make him sit in the kitchen floor with a towel underneath for the times he gets wild with his mixing! Which is pretty often. I don't think this is too messy. It gives me a few free minutes to wash up some dishes (which he thinks he has to help with every chance he gets) or cook something.

3 comments:

brandy said...

I love that Abe is a chef! It's great that he is so interested.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! You are such a good little mommy. I'm missing Abe. Right now, I'm in my winter cocooning stage. I'm so ready for this freezing weather to end. I find all I want to do is come home, put on fleece pj's and be lazy. Spring can't come soon enough!

Grammy

Loving My Life said...

How Cute Morgan loves to cook too!! Maybe they should start their own show!!!