We got to pick Maddie up from Preschool yesterday. Abe has been wanting to pick her up for some time now. We picked her up several times last year but this is the first for this school year. It is a big deal to be the first child picked up in the pick up line. The teacher brings them out to your car. So, being the good aunt that I am I got in line at 1:35 and we waited until 2:15 when school was dismissed.
I let Abe out of his carseat since we were going to be sitting there for a while. He played and climbed into the very back of the car. The he yells out "I gotta poop!" We have worked really hard at potty training and we were about to ruin it! He had on his nice green boxer briefs, jeans and tennis shoes. (I mention all of the clothes because he is one of these kids that has to take off everything below the waist to use the bathroom.) I quickly hopped to the backseat and put him on a pull up diaper. He must have thought I was a crazy woman. He told me he didn't want to poopie in a diaper. After reassuring him that it was okay he finally did. Poor thing. He only poops on his little potty at home so I didn't even try to take him into Maddie's school.
Last night and all day long today we have gone back to using the potty. I am one proud Momma!
4 comments:
Weird, I was just about to ask you about potty training. I'm glad that it is going well. Not so good here, not that we are really trying. Today, I asked Tate do you want to use the potty and he said "diaper"! I guess he's not ready..hahaha
That is so funny, because Buzzy has to take his clothes off too! Isn't it also funny how when these situations arise, they are so confused about using a diaper now!! I am so proud of you all too! Buzzy wasn't that young when he started, so you are doing great at the training!
Abe doesn't even sleep in a diaper anymore. He hasn't for close to a month! We are not too fond of the public potty's but that is okay.
We went to Owensboro the other day and he didn't pee the entire time we were gone. As soon as we got home he headed staight for the bathroom.
He must have a huge bladder! I think I pee 15 times a day! Although he does pee quite a bit when we are at home with HIS potty.
Carter had his first poopy accident this morning...he was screaming from his bedroom while I was washing dishes. I went running in and there he was in all his shining poopy glory...it was so gross it made HIM sick!!!! He was crying that he could smell it and it stunk. HILARIOUS!!!! So, I hope that doesn't happen to you anytime soon cuz it was really gross. :-)
Post a Comment